Thursday, December 17, 2009

tutorial: christmas goodies + packaging idea ...

for neighbor gifts this year, i decided to make caramel popcorn. {check out my recipe on my latest zupas post, here.}
i had these darling window bakers bags i've been wanting to use. so, the packaging just kind of fell into place!
i love how they turned out!
here's what you need for a cute christmas goodie package:
  • bakers twine or string [bakers twine is available in my shop!]
  • labels
  • snowflake ornaments or box toppers [i found these cute ones at target]
  • bakers bags [or lunch bags will work!] *if you are intersted, i can list a few in my shop.
  • a goodie to fill the bag!
just fill the bag, and tie the top with twine and secure your ornament and tag!
..now, i'm off to make more! i've delivered a few, but still have more to go..
{caramel popcorn}
ingredients
2 sticks butter
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
2 gallons popped popcorn
directions
preheat your oven to 250 degrees.
pop your popcorn and place in a large brown paper grocery bag. {add 1 cup of nuts if desired} pecans are great!  cashews too!
place butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup in a medium saucepan.  bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes.
remove from heat, and add vanilla, and baking soda.  it will bubble and foam.  stir.
cover popped pop corn a little at a time and have some one help shake and stir the popcorn.  coat well.
bake on 2 cookie sheets covered with parchment paper for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until the caramel has harden up.  be sure to stir every 15 minutes.
enjoy!

14 comments:

*/emy said...

what a great holiday treat! im going to have to steal this gift bag idea. thanks!

Heather J said...

those are so cute. your neighbors will love recieving them! i know i would.

Veeda said...

i wish we were neighbors. :)

onesilentwinter said...

so lovely!
thank you!

Inha said...

Lovely! Also, I love the background - is that wrapping paper? If so, where is it from?

Unknown said...

Inha.

the background is ikea wrapping paper.
it just went 1/2 off too!

Naomi Carmen Witcher said...

your caramel popcorn was the best i ever had!!! thanks so much, caroline!!! i AM glad to be your neighbor. ;)

Beth said...

Hi! I just came across your lovely blog. I'd love to keep up with it, but I don't see an RSS feature. Would you mind adding one?

Inha said...

Aha! I thought I recognized it! I love that particular print, not so sure of the others in the pack, but for 1/2 off, why not?! Thanks :)

Courtney said...

the packaging looks as yummy as the inside treats! What a darling gift.

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

That is so cute! I love the packaging! Thanks so much for he great idea, I'll be linking.

Sabine said...

Love the idea!!

Anonymous said...

hi bro...
thanks for your trick
if you want
get my collection reference at
UNAND's REPOSITORY

Anonymous said...

I suggest you near visit this site chak also thisbrazil-farmacia.com and my friend gave me this Viagra

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...